2004 – 2008—University of Utah
Bachelor of Fine Arts/Graphic Design
2000 – 2002—LDS Business College
Applied Science Degree/Web Design/Desktop Publishing
Web Design/Desktop Publishing Certificate
2020 – Present—bioMerieux, a.k.a., Biofire Diagnostics – Senior Graphic Designer II
In compliance with medical standards and regulations, designed lead-generating campaigns in digital, print and live event applications. Focused on campaign strategy and execution for medical diagnostic products during the pandemic. Created unique spot illustrations and collateral for industry publications, external marketing materials, social media, and more. Designed in-house creative and various assets for special events and community engagement. Developed large-scale display media with an emphasis on trade shows, event planning and experience design.
- Designed campaign collateral, information sheets, emails and other marketing content for the first FDA-approved COVID-19 detection system in the United States.
- Redesigned Nephrocheck test product branding which increased sales by 148% world-wide in the first year from roll-out.
- Created booth and display collateral for multiple trade shows and events increasing qualified sales leads by more than 160% over three years.
2015 – 2019—Mountain America Credit Union – Senior Digital Media Designer
Designed direct mail, in-branch collateral and other print materials for a variety of member-facing marketing campaigns. Designed and maintained email and website using Eloqua and Kentico (CMS). Executed additional in-house creative and collateral to support more than 30 financial products and services. Developed large-scale display and digital media for conferences and events.
- Designed “Elephant in the Room” retirement campaign supporting LPL Financial (wealth managment partner) which saw overall ranking for credit union referrals rise from 17th to #1 in the nation.
- Developed a realtor to lender outreach program for the mortgage department resulting in a nearly 300% increase in new mortgages. Collateral delivered to 175 to 200 realtors each month.
- Created ambiance and display pieces for multiple development conferences with attendance ranging between 300 to nearly a 1,000 participants over multiple days.
2019—Taylor Hartman Enterprises – Art Director & Digital Media Consultant
Comprehensive rebrand of company including website, social media collateral, digital marketing creative.
2003 – 2015—1-800 Contacts – Senior Graphic Designer, Product Photographer & Desktop Publisher
Maintained corporate brand and designed customer-facing equity for countless mediums and campaigns. Contributed to a positive and collaborative work environment while delivering high-quality marketing collateral and print materials. Managed vendor relationship with printers including press checks and design studio responsibilities. Disciplines and deliverables included: email & CRM, SEO, responsive web & UX/UI design, front-end mobile app, social media, product photography, mass-market direct mail, in-house projects and digital media.
- Provided expertise to the design/development of original mobile app and mobile web experience.
- Designed collateral for annual summer party with budget ranging from $150,000 to $300,000.
- Streamlined creative process for new product photography resulting in production-ready creative in hours rather than weeks by providing professional in-house product photography and printing.
2010 – 2015—Night of the Running Dead 5K – Founder, Race Director, Principle Designer Created and directed an annual world-class 5k experience benefitting the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. Included over 15,000 participants over 5 years.
- Included over 20,000 participants over 5 years.
- Raised and donated approximately $25,000 for cancer research.
- Started business with only $250.
2008—Arts Bridge Scholar – Mentored students at Edison Elementary in graphic design and art through program with the University of Utah. Created brochures, developed a PR package for the Arts Bridge program and taught students design fundamentals.